[Oe List ...] Carol Pierce

PSchrijnen at aol.com PSchrijnen at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 04:15:48 PDT 2012

I keep on wanting to read more emails about Carol's life and death, but she
 has 'waved goodbye and is on her way'. Such sadness....

Grace and Peace,

Paul

dshahn31 at gmail.com writes:

News of  Carol's death hits hard. We traveled quite a journey together, as
did we all.  And in many way, it continues.

Charles and I traveled three months in  1966, with Carol and Joe, visiting
countries of the Arab world. We spent a lot  of time reading, talking and
reflecting before we left Chicago, and of course,  that continued throughout
the trip. During meals and coffee/tea breaks, Carol  often made some succinct
comment (laced with facts and figures) about the  current country we were
visiting. Joe would say, "How do you know that?" to  which Carol would reply,
"Well, it was in that book we read before we left  Chicago." And Joe would
just shake his head in disbelief (and some degree of  disgust).

I last saw Carol at her apartment. We had to rush the visit a  bit, because
she was being picked up by some specially equipped vehicle and  whisked off
to a medical appointment. So, my last memory of Carol is her  wheeling
herself onto a elevator/platform that went up a few feet from her  "garden"
apartment to ground level, thereby allowing her to move her  wheelchair directly
out onto the driveway. She wheeled around, waved goodbye  and was on her
way.

Grace and Peace,
Doris Hahn

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 7:04 AM, George Holcombe <_geowanda1 at me.com_