[Oe List ...] free speech, Romney and tenderness

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 08:28:19 PDT 2012

Thank you so much for this, Mary, and for standing for Love.

Jann

In a message dated 9/20/2012 7:05:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mhampton at att.net writes:

Dear John, George, Herman, Susan and all,

First, George thank you for the meditation.

I have been reading with interest these two threads: one about the
sensibilities and practical safety in avoiding angering people in the larger
world, the second about how we listen to each other when our values do not  match.

Tenderness in my subject line is not some sentimental value of being nice
to each other. It's more like the RS1 illustration of feeling everything
(every perspective) through burned raw nerve endings. Quakers use it in
talking about how you hold Business Meeting where the objective is "to descern
God's will." There is a great book by a Jesuit who came to observe and
participate called Beyond Consensus. Recognizing you are in a corporate  endeavor
to do more than what humanly possible, you must make extreme  allowances
for the others doing the process. You aim to treat each other  tenderly.

Of course, the world does not use this standard, but one can hope the
People of God could.  It is the gift and duty of Those Who Care to be  sensitive
when others cannot.   Indeed, its how you know who they/we  are.

Grace and Peace,
Love, LIGHT,

mary