[Oe List ...] A good reflection on Romney

David M Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:49:34 PDT 2012

On Sep 18, 2012, at 4:56 PM, "Herman Greene" <hfgreene at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I’m sorry, I want to distance myself from this message. What Susan said to me didn’t bother me.
>
> I think I agree with others that this is not the place to carry on a political debate, but it is a place to dialogue. I would be happy to hear Susan’s thoughts if she wants to share them.

This passionate little maelstrom that we just fell into is one of the reasons that the 'listserv' technology doesn't serve us as well as the quality of our dialogue requires.

The kind of careful and thoughtful clarification of perspectives and search for one another's truth requires something closer to face to face communication (like an online meeting) or at the least, an online shared dialogue space (like a 'wiki' that provides for a stream of comments) where we can see contributions appear in real time and all of the preceding contributions. (Facebook comments are the example of the running stream, but not the example of a safe, private space for collegial dialogue.)

It would be fascinating and illuminating to see of we could discover the images of fact and value (recalling Boulding) that lie behind the different perceptions expressed here about the meaning of this moment in history.

David

David Dunn
740 S Alton Way 9B
Denver, CO 80247