[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Carlos Romulo

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 10:29:31 PDT 2012

You're right, Jaime. I'm sure it was Carlos Romulo. Here's a story from
wikipedia:

. In 1948 in Paris, France, at the third UN General Assembly, he strongly
disagreed with a proposal made by the _Soviet_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet)  delegation headed by _Andrei Vishinsky_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Vishinsky) , who  challenged his credentials by insulting him
with this quote: "You are just a  little man from a little country." In return,
Romulo replied, "It is the duty of  the little Davids of this world to
fling the pebbles of truth in the eyes of the  blustering Goliaths and force
them to behave!", leaving Vishinsky with nothing  left to do but sit down.

He also had a comeback about being a dime among nickels.

Twice between 1952 and 1954, he expanded my world in a wonderful way It's
amazing to me now that such a great man was on the high school  assembly
circuit. That couldn't happen now. They're too busy testing.

Thanks,
Jann

In a message dated 9/29/2012 7:24:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,