[Oe List ...] We celebrate the life and death of JWM

Nancy Lanphear nancy at songaia.com
Tue Oct 16 17:34:59 PDT 2012

Dear Gerry and Warren,

What memories!  I remember that morning in Kawangware in 1977  ... you two
sat up front in the great hall at breakfast time and asked us to sing
"Those who wait on the Lord", it was clear that something of significance
had happened.  It took me a moment ... then  I realized that Joe had died.
I do not remember how long it took Fred and me to go to downtown Nairobi to
buy our silver rings, probably several days.  For us it was marking of our
transition to corporate leadership in a very powerful way.  These rings
became our symbol of a decision to live in community for eternity.  For our
spirit community we are grateful.

Somehow during Fred's illness his hands began to swell and we had to take
his ring off and put it in a safe place.  That safe place never was found
again .... since the ring did not re-appear, I bought Fred a new one for
our 50th wedding anniversary.  He wore the silver ring on his right finger
and his wedding ring on his left hand for ever ...  what is forever ?....
as long as I knew him in his earthly form.  He left Songaia "in his rocket
ship into the cosmos"  on September 11th, 2010 ... with the rings on his
fingers.  Those symbols reminded him daily that he was one of "those who
care", an earth elder, and one who could die a good death as he had lived a
good life in the midst of community.

Thank you, John and Lynda, for reminding us of so many significant events.
You are loved,

Nancy