[Oe List ...] ICAI Conference Nepal and ICA Gathering

Lawrence Philbrook larry at icatw.com
Fri Oct 19 20:40:08 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues

This is the 50th year of ICA and the 35th of ICAI.  Over the next few
months we will be looking at the next 50 as local ICA's and as ICA
International.

I think all have been invited but I wanted to make sure.  The conference
is scheduled Oct 29 - Nov 2 followed by and ICA Gathering in Nov 3-4

The context for each event is below

With respect, Larry

*ICAI global conference in Nepal context* for those interested.

Since 1984, the Institute of Cultural Affairs International has hosted
eight international conferences concerned with the human factor in
development and re-emergence of civil society. These conferences were
highly participatory and focused on practical sharing of approaches that
work. Interchange, dialogue and designing creative responses to
particular areas of concern in society is the aim of all ICA conferences.
Overarching Focus Question for this conference: What are the ideas
(models, practices, images, frameworks, strategies, etc.) for human
emergence that lead to a world that works?
Focus areas are:
Growing a New Sense of Leadership
Building a Viable Future for Planet
Building Strategies for Comprehensive Development
Resourcing Human Development
Peace Building and Good Governance
Reshaping Education for the 21st Century

We intend through collective exploration to discover and catalyze
approaches that work  and to build personal and collaborative commitment
to act beneficially on behalf of the whole.

This conference will go on virtually for at least 6 months but will be
physically grounded in Kathmandu Oct 29-Nov 2.  All are welcome
http://www.virtual.ica-nepal.org/  or
  http://conference.ica-nepal.org/

*ICA Gathering*

context: This is intended as a deliberative event for the ICA's and
colleagues present to deliberate on the conference results and other
topics.  This is not a decision making General Assembly.  Our general
Assembly will be virtual on December 14.

Any colleague in the world is invited to participate and share
questions, topics or input.

With respect, Larry

--
Lawrence Philbrook, Certified ToP Facilitator
Director, Institute of Cultural Affairs Taiwan

President ICA International/ Member Global Leadership Team
ICAI Office c/o ICA Canada, 655 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON.  M4M 1G4 Canada
www.ica-international.org