[Oe List ...] The Roman Catholic Church, the Old Catholic movement, and our common memory

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 07:43:57 PDT 2012

David,

I find the concept of 50 ecumenical Catholic (not Roman) parishes to be intriguing.  Frankly, the point of my greatest concern about the "Roman" Catholic church is, that with such heavy, top-down emphasis, nothing much is happening in the local parish, and the laity is (still) dormant at best.  As we've always known, local people working locally is where the rubber meets the road.

Would love the hear more about ECC, where it exists, and why we (I) haven't heard of it before.

Randy

"Listen to what is emerging from yourself to the course of being in the world; not to be supported by it, but to bring it to reality as it desires."
-Martin Buber (adapted)