[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Guernica & Conversation Roots & Shoots

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Thu May 3 09:04:29 PDT 2012

Can no longer resist jumping into this stream. John's observation that
this conversation method isn't "ours alone" is so right. My bilingual education
 mentor, Alma Flor Ada, whose mentor was Paulo Freire, called her version
of the methodology Creative Education. Its four  phases are Descriptive,
Personal Interpretive, Critical and Creative. I  shared this material with Jo
Nelson when she was writing The Art of  Focused Conversation. You can find
more about it on page 24 of  that book.

Matthew Fox's description of the fourfold path of Creation Spirituality
also takes one on a deepening journey: Via Positiva, Via Negativa, Via
Creativa and Via Transformativa.

I'm taking an online course, Integral Enlightenment, with Craig  Hamilton.
Quite intense. The response of the thousand-plus participants around  the
globe reminds me of how some of us responded to RS-1. The evolutionary
spirituality movement, with its call to be "pioneers on the point of evolution,"
has a familiar feeling tone. On my third reading of Evolutionary
Enlightenment by Andrew Cohen, I'm charting it, rather  laboriously, as I tend to do
things. I think it brings Kaz's  Spiritual Exercises into the 21st century
with a  rather practical application.

We're living in exciting times.

Blessings, dear colleagues,
Jann McGuire

Illness as Initiation: An Unlikely Heroine's Journey at
_http://booklocker.com/books/5100.html_ (http://booklocker.com/books/5100.html)
_http://jannsjewels.blogspot.com_ (http://jannsjewels.blogspot.com)

In a message dated 5/3/2012 8:22:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,