[Oe List ...] An illuminating book. Twilight of the Elites

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 11:53:35 PDT 2012

Cruising on Facebook and Cynthia Vance and Pat Druckenmiller recommended Chris Hayes morning news program.
I followed the link and ran into his book, Twilight of the Elites:  America After Meritocracy.  It is a compelling read.  Both the conservative and liberal sides are caught in the same dilemma -- a crisis of authority -- the economic, political and cultural elites the rest of us count on are demonstrably not trustable.   He describes this crisis of authority as a structural problem, showing up in politics, banking, corporations, education, churches, even major league baseball.

http://truth-out.org/progressivepicks/item/9765-twilight-of-the-elites-a-review
Jim Wiegel
Jfwiegel at yahoo.com

“One cannot live in the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning; for what was great in the morning will be of little importance in the evening, and what in the morning was true will at evening have become a lie.” – Carl Jung

Partners in Participation Upcoming public course opportunities:
ToP Facilitation Methods, Sept 11-12, 2012
ToP Strategic Planning, Oct 9-10, 2012
The AZ Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday- Sept 7, 2012
Facilitation Mastery : Our Mastering the Technology of Participation program is available in Phoenix in 2012-3. Program begins on Nov 14-16, 2012
See short video http://partnersinparticipation.com/?page_id=55 and website for further details.