[Oe List ...] Looking for an old order family

Rod Rippel rodrippel at cox.net
Sat Apr 28 11:59:28 PDT 2012

Hello George, You may recall that we first met in Baton Rouge through Wally Baker following RS-! at Waveland, Miss. At the time I was ‘active’ in the UMC and you and Wally were clergy in Louisiana.  I thought of Wally recently and the words, “And are we yet, still alive,” came out of nowhere.  I wondered if this was an old ritual used by Methodist ministers at Annual Conferences?  I searched a copy of the UMC hymnal and found it was the first line of a Charles Wesley hymn.  I may have sung it since childhood!  With the passing of colleagues and OE friends it would make a fitting common ritual.
Do you know the whereabouts of the Bakers?

Rod Rippel