[Dialogue] Revival of Ur Images course

Hinkelman ヒンクルマンDon ダン hinkel at sgu.ac.jp
Thu Mar 28 18:04:27 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

I am interviewing with our ICA Nepal colleague, Ashbin Kumar, about a book he is writing on ICA’s approach to community empowerment.

We came upon ICA’s roots in world religions and ecumenism, and I realized that the Ur Images course or World Religions RS-IIIC has only 1970s archive papers.
https://icaglobalarchives.org/collections/spiritmovement/academy/religious-curriculum/

Has anyone done any work on this since then? (Perhaps related to Joseph Campbell’s work?). Is anyone interested in reviving the Ur images with reference to post-modern mythology?

I would like to interview you with Ashbin on a Saturday next month, and perhaps find a time in the next year when we can reteach that course in the subcontinent.

I am also traveling to Chicago and Philadelphia in the first week of August if we can meet up.

Don