[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Happy birthday, JWM!

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 12:26:55 PDT 2023

Note from Karen below -- I missed it on October 8
I charted Soul Boom and saved the chapter on the pillars of a spiritual revolution.  I did not like the character of Dwight, so was challenged about the author and his credibility.  Loved the bits and descriptions of his religious upbringing.  Also loved his list of pandemics -- and his contention that the main one we are facing has to do with mental illness (spiritual despair??)  Was attracted that he titled chapter 4 "The Notorious G. O. D." but disappointed by his approach (also a recent book called "The Not-Yet God"  which was trying to pull together the philosophical threads to create a contemporary context for talking about the reality we are finally up against in life -- AMAZING JARGON in the summaries I read.  brought back old memories . . .
Yes, would be fun . . .
Your comment:  "You KNOW where his ashes are!" reminded me of the Ronin:  "You knew! You knew!  And yet you still used that door!"Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com