[Dialogue] Completed life of Jack Gilles

Mari Crocker maricrocker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 07:04:58 PST 2023

One of my enduring memories of Jack was his gracious hosting (in Litibu) of Joe and me, Ken and Clare Whitney and another clergy couple from New England who were traveling with us.  The meal was bounteous and of gourmet quality.  He was the head chef, as at that time Judy was serving as sous chef, carefully following his lead.  Tables were set up in the great room of their beautiful home overlooking the Pacific Ocean.  We were joined by Donna Marie and George West, and the conversation and reminiscing was rich. And yes, his gentle and loving care of Judy for the many years of her illness was iconic.  Jack was able to share “our methods” effectively within the corporate world in India long before US business organizations awakened to the importance of “spirit” in leadership development.  As folks in Mexico would say, “Jack Gilles, Presente !!"