[Dialogue] “Study” is a problem for me these days (in other words, “figuring out what is really going on”).

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 17:29:34 PDT 2021

“Study”is a problem for me these days (in other words, “figuring out whatis really going on”). With the tsunami of resources and theplethora of media, I find myself at sea trying to find firm groundto stand on, and an articulated perspective of what is going on thathas some basis beyond my current opinions or those of my (currently)favored commentators. This emerging dilemma was recognized, lastcentury, in the work of the staff and colleagues of The EcumenicalInstitute of Chicago. In their courses and internal operations theyspelled out an approach to “Study Methodology” that, for itstime, seemed helpful. A half century later, I wonder how to outlinean adequate approach to “study” .

Thatis to say, what are 3 insights you have about what makes authenticstudy these days?

123
Thanks.  See attached outline of EI short course on study method.Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com