[Dialogue] Dialogue Digest, Vol 98, Issue 15

Nancy Lanphear nancy at songaia.com
Thu May 21 09:52:47 PDT 2020

Dear Friends,
What a lovely story of the cardinals. I'm loving how we are able create the
stories that feed our souls and memories, and who is to say that they are
other than real or true?  And I know this story is real! The stories that
hold images and tales of the connection between the humans and the natural
world are the best!
I'm grateful that even in the midst of the pandemic, we find pathways to
honor the journeys of our lives. At Marge's age and mine, the final leg of
our earthy and earthly lives seem to play our more often. Its the stories
we create and the memories we call forth that remind us daily of those
precious lives, for they remain present.  There is no where else for their
sacred presence to go but HERE, Right?.
I remember being with Marge and Leroy years ago in the Dallas House when
Our Phase I staff were visiting the Religious Houses to connect with the
high school students.  I recall her gracious and solid presence. That has
been a long time ago, back in 1981-82.  It was then during our visits that
we conceived of opening the Youth House in Kansas City the following year.
Thank you for you inviting us (me) into the celebration of a spirit woman
who has lived her life to the fullest, keeping colleagues and friends
connected and engaged.  I hope to see you and sp many others on June 10th.
With love and hope,
Nancy