[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Living Memorial for George Holcombe NOW

Dawn Collins collinsdawn747 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 16:49:02 PDT 2020

 Dear Wanda and colleagues,
What a wonderful way to prepare for the Last Hurrah, Final Transition, or Grand Homecoming when our breath becomes air!
George, you have stayed true to your love and compassion for community which I first witnessed as a 5th City Board of Manager when you were our primary guru introducing us to the ins and outs of comprehensive leadership development. We met daily in a small, hot annex near the PreSchool in '68-69 where all of the space was taken up by a 4 rectangular table arrangement. with a blackboard at the designated front of the room. And we absorbed RS1 and tools and methods needed by our local leadership to take responsibility for actualizing our hopes and dreams and to eventually do this out of state. Lila Mosley was the first to be sent out after ably sharing talks that we rehearsed in that little hot annex down the street from the 3444 West Van Buren complex.
It was during that summer's ending celebration in the Program Center that JWM ended his talk proclaiming to the community that "we needed to be together". And I took those words to heart and risked marrying into this group of social revolutionaries proclaiming by word and deed the manifestation of Those Who Care.
George, you were the one who brought The Call into our community and helped to instill the "Institute" wisdom reforming a desert into a place of hope and forecast it for years to come.
So, have a glass of lemonade on me, George! For that was the beverage of choice during those hot summer days 52 years ago that released a new kind of human into the world. The Lingo family later journeyed on with you and the staff for India's ITI in 71'.  And now, please know, George, you continue to play an extraordinary part of the Movemental legacy of resurgent renewal of Community in these challenging times...We believe there's room at the table for all faiths, classes, and races to share in the emerging bounty awaiting the equitable distribution of All of the gifts to All the people. Thanks for embodying and sharing that Vision... Kindfully yours,
dawn collins

We love the Final Reality because the Final Reality loved us first.- 1 John 4:19