[Dialogue] "A Confession of Faith in a Time of Crisis:; Movie: "Pope Francis: A Man of His Word"

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Sat May 26 20:01:47 PDT 2018

Hi Folks,

Below is a link to "A Confession of Faith  in a Time of Crisis" signed on by a number of prominent clergy, including The Most Rev. Michael B. Curry, Presiding Bishop and Primate, The Episcopal Church, who delivered the homily at Prince Harry/Meghan Markle's wedding.

There was a vigil last Thursday night in front of the White House where this was read.

A Confession of Faith in a Time of Crisis | Christ ...
www.christepiscopalchurch.com/dfc/newsdetail_2/3192508

A Confession of Faith in a Time of Crisis. We are living through perilous and polarizing times as a nation,

I think the Confession is good.  However, a critical omission is any mention of how the soul of humanity and America is also integrally related to the well-being of this sacred Earth and all that is in it.

Which brings me to mention...
1) Today is Rachel Carson's birthday.  We are much indebted to her for the consciousness of caring for creation she evoked through her scientific research, writing, and witness of her life.

2) Saw the movie "Pope Francis, A Man of his Word"  (playing at the Tivoli, for those in St. Louis).  thought it was beautiful.  Covered many issues, but mention of women priests, abortion or birth control.  If you haven't read his Encylical, Laudato Si', On Care for Our Common Home, I encourage you do to so.  It is written not just for the Catholic Church but for all humanity to ponder and  respond.  It can be found and downloaded free at:

Download "Laudato Si" | Pope Francis' Encyclical on ...
laudatosi.com/watch

Read Pope Francis' new encyclical online, in PDF, or in paperback form. Discover the Catholic Church's teaching on ecology, climate change, and care for creation.

Hope you have a good Memorial Day Weekend, as we remember all those who sacrificed their lives in order to create a free, just and peaceful nation and world.

Ellie :)
elliestock at aol.com