[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Mystery

Paul Schrijnen pschrijnen at aol.com
Wed May 9 08:12:20 PDT 2018

Beautiful fragments turn into Mystery of life on bustrips between Springfield and Chicago.

I did a bit more research on Manfred and Hannerl.

Here is a retirement notice about Manfred from 2007:

As of August 31, 2007, Pastor Mag. Manfred Golda is retired.

Manfred Günter Erwin Golda was born on October 25, 1941 in Klagenfurt, where he was baptized by pastor Erich Pechel and confirmed in the preaching office Velden am Wörther See by pastor Friedrich Krotz.

Manfred Golda went to school in Klagenfurt and graduated in 1962 from the Federal Trade School for Mechanical Engineering. He then spent a year in England attending a Bible School of the Torchbearers Missionary Community. From 1963 to 1970 he studied theology in Vienna and during this time worked in the student church. After passing his exams in January 1970, he was a teaching vicar in Vienna's Inner City under the guidance of Prof. Wilhelm, and was ordained by the latter on 11 July 1972, assisted by Reverend Adolf Rücker (Vienna) and Pastor Friedrich Krotz (Pörtschach).

As of December 1, 1972, Manfred Golda was also pastor of this congregation, and in addition to his usual official duties supervised the student church, held a lecture at the Protestant Theological Faculty of Old Testament Exe- cution, and worked together with the Reformed and Catholic Parish of St. Stephen founded the ecumenical bible study.

From 1978 to 1980, Manfred Golda worked at the Institute for Cultural Affairs (ICA) in Frankfurt am Main and in Berlin West. The ICA is a global institute that develops and communicates participatory methods for community work. The work area included various communities in West Germany and West Berlin. From 1980 to 1984, Manfred Golda was a parish commissary at the Berlin Mission with the main focus on coordinating ecclesial partnership work with Africa and the Middle East, organizing seminaries, mission festivals, etc.

In 1984, Manfred Golda returned to Vienna and until 1996 was a pastor for participants with a focus on the care and counselling of foreign students and ecumenical cooperation in higher education.

On 1 September 1996, Manfred Golda was appointed parish priest of the pastorate of the parish of A. B. Wien-Währing, not affiliated with the pastoral ministry. Together with Pastor Manfred Schreier, he has endeavored to ensure that this large parish with kindergarten, school and after-school careers is well organized, which in recent years has also meant an enormous challenge for the general refurbishment of the church and other buildings.

Pastor Golda was first married to sports teacher Hannerl Regina. Laubenberger married, from this marriage come the children Martin Alfred, Astrid Christiane and Florian Rainer.

Since 2001 he has been married with Dr. theol. Maria Irene Riebl, an adult educator and psychotherapist.

The heart of Pastor Golda probably beats in the wide world, among the young churches of Africa. This is visible in his honorary offices as chairman of the Mission Council, the Evang. World Mission Working Group (EAWM), as a longtime member of the board of the Evang. Associations for student hostels and chairman of the Protestant Higher Education Community, the executive board of Oikocredit Austria (Ecumenical Development Cooperative), the EAEZ (Evang Working Group for Development Cooperation) and chair of the synodal committee for world mission and development cooperation (WEZ).

Pastor Golda has been particularly dedicated to the "missionary pastor" in our church and was assistant at the inauguration of Ghanaian Rev. Rev. Timothy Annoh on Pentecost Sunday this year.

The Evangelical Oberkirchenrat thanks Pastor Mag. Manfred Golda for his dedicated service in our church, for the efforts of the young students and especially for the vision that Manfred Golda has brought to our church again and again and wishes him and his family God's blessing and escort for the future