[Dialogue] How Image Change Happens - Trump a strong negative teacher - Fine Resource for Imaginal Education

George Holcombe geowanda1 at me.com
Sun Aug 19 09:14:30 PDT 2018

I’m with Lingo, thanks Wayne, and Troxel for a great write.

A question - what does context do to Image change?

When I was a kid during WWII, there were lots of gold and silver stars in neighbors' windows, and when we would see the car with two uniforms we knew the news they were bringing.  I still remember the scream and crying of Mrs. Lacy with the news about David. White people seem to have had a similar image. Racism was normal. When Nixon ended the draft  and went to a volunteer military, things really changed. I don’t see any stars in windows and the news does not always publish the names. Right now I don’t know personally of any war casualties. What effect does this have on the image making process? Could this account for the widening sense and varying images that seem to be apparent today?

George Holcombe
geowanda1 at me.com

"Whatever the problem, community is the answer.  There is no power greater than a community discovering what it cares about."  Margaret Wheatley