[Dialogue] Elizabeth Caperton

Marsha Hahn via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Jan 7 15:08:59 PST 2017

Friends,
I am writing with difficult news about Elizabeth Caperton.
On December 27, her dear husband, Al Standish, took his life.  He was ill and trying to spare her pain, but it was devastating to her.
She had been recovering from a respiratory bug, but it worsened and she developed pneumonia, and was admitted to the hospital on January 1.  Her condition worsened, and on January 4 she was diagnosed with ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome).  Please feel free to Google it, but in short, with ARDS the tiny sacs in the lungs that oxygenate our blood fill with fluid and prevent the body from getting enough oxygen.
Her condition is very serious.  She is receiving excellent care at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta where she is in the Intensive Care Unit.  She is sedated and on a ventilator.  No visitors now, please.
Eileen and George Howard now live in Atlanta, and are doing everything they can to support Elizabeth's family as they care for her.

I could not consult Elizabeth about sending this news, but she had been brave about publicly sharing the news of her husband's death.  In talking with Eileen Howard and Hur Myung Hee, we feel sure that she would welcome your love and prayers right now.
If you would like to send cards, please send them as follows:
Elizabeth Capertonc/o Eileen and George Howard525 Glen Iris Drive NE, Unit 3424Atlanta, GA 30308USA
Many thanks,Marsha Hahn