[Dialogue] Risk Management

frank bremner via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Oct 25 00:56:53 PDT 2015

G'day colleagues
I'm on a bit of a "high", having been to a concert with Burt Bacharach last night - two hours, no interval, and almost every Bacharach song you could think of - even back to Liberty Valance and 24 Hours from Tulsa.  Great backing musicians (about a dozen) and singers (three plus some of the musicians).  And at almost half-price, thanks to a group called Lasttix, who promote slow-selling shows.
Anyway, down to business.  I've been helping a friend doing a TAFE-level course in Managing Risk.  (TAFE = Technical and Further Education > similar to the US community college.)  I've not touched "risk" in this context before.  Has anyone done so?
Risk Management, from the "management" area, seems to overlap with the area we used to call Contradictions.
Any reflections?
Cheers
Frank Bremner