[Dialogue] Mailing list issues being worked

Timothy Wegner tim at tswegner.net
Sun May 11 12:11:28 PDT 2014

Folks, a few of you have had your ICA/OE list accounts disabled because the
system couldn't get the list mail to your email. I have gone through both
lists and re-enabled all such accounts. (If you get this, things must be
working now.) Seems to have affected mostly comcast and yahoo emails.

Some of you have asked if the message you received about your account being
disabled was legitimate. Answer: yes it was. But you don't need to do
anything. I took care of it.

I should add I don't really know the root cause of the problem; I'm hoping
it was a temporary glitch. If the mailing lists go uncharacteristically
silent, let me know.

But I do have a story. Computers are sentient creatures who read minds. If
you think angry thoughts about computers and internet systems, they take it
personally. So when you read or write list email, close your eyes, breathe
deeply, and contemplate the mystery that connects our dispersed community.
Get in touch with your profound compassion and direct it at the poor
computer/phone/tablet device and the system that serves it. All is well,
life is good! Then the mail will go through. But even if it doesn't, you
will be calmer!

Tim