[Dialogue] ICA-related event: "Rochester Region" Global Odyssey Reunion

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Thu May 1 11:17:54 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

Just wanted to share some info re an ICA-related event coming up this Memorial Day Weekend in Rochester, NY.  The former "Rochester Region" 1974 Global Odyssey Participants are having a 40th Anniversary Reunion which will include:

Friday evening: dinner and later wine and cheese open house for others related to the Odyssey;
Saturday: morning prayers; reflection on the event/impact on our journeys (using journals  and other materials from the trip); showing the slide presentation that was part of the Global Cabaret presented to congregations/groups following the Odyssey; evening banquet at the Jade Palace Restaurant
Sunday:  Morning prayers, including memorial service for participants no longer living; reflection on implications for future; and send-out

There were 22 participants, ages ranging from 12-65; 18 from the Galaxy/LCX Church Dewey Avenue Presbyterian Church (Rochester, NY) (including pastor teams Charles/Ann Taylor and Carleton/Ellie Stock) and 4 from the larger region, including Judy/Norm Lindblad and Ken/Dorcas Rose.

It was a 3-week trip, leaving Rochester, NY, heading east, arriving in London on the 4th of July.  Other cities included: Rome, Athens, Cairo, Addiis Ababa, Bombay, Calcutta (including Mother Teresa's Home for the Dying), Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Mexico City, Dallas

We visited Presbyterian Mission and ICA work as well as cultural sites; did the Daily Office every morning and reflected together every evening on our experiences.  Sometimes we visited/explored places as a whole group, sometimes as teams, pairs and individually.  The group was divided into three teams, each team responsible for a part of the trip: Global North, Global South and Global East.

If anyone would like additional info, please contact me.

Ellie Stock
elliestock at aol.com