[Dialogue] ICAI Winds and Waves Submission of Articles for April 2014 Issue

ICA International rjhutchinson at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 18 15:33:15 PST 2014

To read in your browser click here

We invite your submission of articles for the April 2014 edition of
Winds and Waves Magazine.

Dear colleagues,

We do hope you have enjoyed reading past editions of Wind and Waves. We are constantly exploring how we can make this magazine more user friendly and accessible to as wide an audience as possible, and are delighted to have your suggestions.

Wind & Waves will publish its next issue in April on the theme of "Networking"  in all its old and and new manifestations, with stories from around the world!

This is part of so much of our work these days. We cooperate with various groups in our projects. We make new contacts during facilitation programmes who then open doors for us. When we look at our daily calendar of tasks, we see how networking is intrinsic to our work.

In the next issue, we would like to highlight the Who, How and the Benefits of networking - who we are networking with, how we are doing it and the benefits of networking.

Could you contribute an article on this topic for this issue? What we need are reports and stories about the people and organisations that you are networking with, the breakthroughs that you have had, your learnings and insights, and your thoughts on future directions.

As the magazine is still developing, we are open to a wide range of articles in terms of both content and style. Those that focus on this theme would be ideal but others are also welcome.

Do you, or someone you know have a story that highlights networking or the synergy of connections? Please forward an invitation as appropriate to your networks.

For more information on the various sections in the magazine and ideas on what and how to write, please go through the attached "Revised guidelines for W&W contributors, February 2014".

NB We are happy to receive items in English and Spanish. If this assists, please be in touch specifically with Isabel or Catalina or Mané re this.

The deadline for submission of articles is 28th March, 2014. We would like a heads up from you by 8th March or earlier on the following points:

By 8th November, please let us know these details on the article you / other plan to write:

a. Title..........

b. A summary in a couple of sentences (or just the first
    paragraph of the intended article)............

c. Estimated length............

d. The number of photos, if any, that will accompany the article....

e. Your name and author's name......

We would like input on the following sections of the magazine (please see the attached guidelines for more details)

Contributions for:

1. Features Yes/ No
2. How-to tips Yes/ No
3. Book review Yes/ No
4. Interview  Yes/ No
5.  Photo essay Yes/ No
6. News Briefs Yes/ No
7. What’s On Yes/ No
8. Boardroom Yes/ No
9. Readers write Yes/ No

Attachments: Please see copy of the guidelines.

Please send all contributions to Isabel, Robyn and Peter.

With many thanks in anticipation,

Robyn Hutchinson, Isabel de la Maza
Contributions Coordinators, for the W&W team

hutchinsonsydney13 at gmail.com (please note my new email for W&W)
isadelamaza at vtr.net
Please send cc to Peter, peter at icai-members.org , for this issue as Isobel and Robyn will be away for most of March.

If you did not receive a copy or notice of the last edition of the magazine, please contact: Peter Ellins: peter at icai-members.org; or Robyn Hutchinson: hutchinsonsydney13 at gmail.com