[Dialogue] Climate Concern #2

David Zahrt 4deezee at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:51:27 PDT 2013

Y'all *(spent just enough time in Pace, MS to get it!)*
*
*
*

CLIMATE CHANGE—2nd Project

I’ve found myself in despair about the way our US
‘consume-and-throw-away-society’ is influencing the entire world and the
trend it has established and maintained and perpetuated in changing the
climate.

I anticipate that the end result is Global Suicide! I think that our
grandchildren’s future is in jeopardy, and suspect that our
great-grandchildren will have a planet that is uninhabitable.

Some things that I am currently doing to counter the trend:

--using the lawn for garden vegetables

--collecting solar electricity for house use

--riding my bicycle for all in-town trips

--re-cycling paper, cardboard, plastic and aluminum

But more needs to be done. I have at least 2 projects In mind.

#2 The MARCH

Friends of mine in Iowa are organizing something big and important. On
March 1, 2014, 1,000 climate patriots will set-out from the west coast,
walking across America to Washington, DC, inspiring and motivating the
general public and elected officials to act now to address the climate
crisis. This will be the largest coast-to-coast march in American history.

The idea was initiated by my friend, Ed Fallon, a former Iowa lawmaker who
also ran for Governor and US Congress. He now hosts a talk show--Fallon
Forum website. Ed and his Team of people working on the March need as much
help as possible using the grassroots and social media across the country
to let people know of this opportunity.

I would be willing to ask Ed to add your email address to a once-week email
update the March organizers send out? Or you can get in touch with the
project through the website. If you'd like to check out the March website,
here's the link: http://climatemarch.org/. *
*
*
*David*
*
*
*PS. if you have other list-serves this should go to please let me know.*
*

*