[Dialogue] Climate Change Concerns #1

David Zahrt 4deezee at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:47:16 PDT 2013

Y'all *(spent just enough time in Pace, MS to get it!)*
*
*
*

CLIMATE CHANGE—2 Projects

I’ve found myself in despair about the way our US
‘consume-and-throw-away-society’ is influencing the entire world and the
trend it has established and maintained and perpetuated in changing the
climate.

I anticipate that the end result is Global Suicide! I think that our
grandchildren’s future is in jeopardy, and suspect that our
great-grandchildren will have a planet that is uninhabitable.

Some things that I am currently doing to counter the trend:

--using the lawn for garden vegetables

--collecting solar electricity for house use

--riding my bicycle for all in-town trips

--re-cycling paper, cardboard, plastic and aluminum

But more needs to be done. I have at least 2 projects In mind.

#1 The Meta-Fours

I enjoy singing—singing was an essential part of life in the Order
Ecumenical. I seem to remember songs that set the stage for change and
changed the public mindset. Didn’t BLOWIN’ IN THE WIND, and WHERE HAVE ALL
THE FLOWERS GONE contribute to the end of the war in Viet Nam? I’m
proposing to create some Metaphors that give a new message for future
options. I’ve brainstormed a list of issues and selected a ‘Song Book’ that
has some of the old familiar tunes to choose from.(Old MacDonald Had a
Farm, etc). [ I can forward this info to you on request ]

I don’t know where to go from here. I know what I’d do if I had a
Metaphorical song. I’d create a vocal quartet (Barbershop or Mixed) and
start delivering performances. The quartet would be named The Meta-Fours.

I’m sure I could get the quartet together. I need a lot of help—or
suggestions—on how to pick the issue, write the metaphorical message, and
put it to a tune. It may be that once the issue is picked the metaphor and
the melody must be melded.

I welcome—

--help/suggestions on creating/composing the music

--anyone interested in being a member of The Meta-Fours

David

PS. Is there another list-serve I should send to?

*