[Dialogue] Archives Sojourn Report Spring 2013

Timothy Wegner tim at tswegner.net
Wed Jun 5 19:17:55 PDT 2013

(Jean Long and Rosemary Albright asked me to post this to the mailing
lists. What follows is a note from Jean with a link to the report.)

Report from Global Archives Team

What a wonderful journey the Global Archives Team – on site and off – have
been on this past year .At last fall’s sojourn event we had an imaginal
breakthrough relative to how we would  share the programs which were so
successful in enabling people and communities to take charge of their own
futures.

Our question had always been, “So we get these 200 file cabinets organized
– how do we share them with the world?”

The image of The Tip of The Iceberg answered that for us. As a huge iceberg
is underwater and not seen except for the tip, the thousands of Town
Meeting files would not be displayed on line – only chosen files, a video,
a music piece, and an imaginal intro explaining how the methods could be of
use to those who clicked on – only these would be in the “tip of the
iceberg”.

If people wanted to know more, info about that would be included.

At this Spring Sojourn, we worked on getting the appropriate documents and
videos, etc .for Town Meeting, Accelerate 77, Imaginal Ed and Service
Learning. They are close to being available online. When they are we will
send all of you the link to see them and get back to us with feedback.

We left the Spring Sojourn program with 8 additional collections to create
“tips of the iceberg” for.

…and we SANG – like we have not sung since the late ‘70’s. The spirit is
alive and well and working on projects for future generations.

What a crew! What a task! What a legacy! For more details, click here:

http://wedgeblade.net/files/ICA_Archives_Spring_2013_Sojourn_Report-U-Draft_4-24-2013.pdf

Jean Long

Rosemary Albright