[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Question

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 06:49:12 PST 2013

Terry,

I am clear that A77 is not copying or replicating the process from Wheatley, which is why I said A77 "draws from a process articulated in" the book, by which I meant to imply, not directly from the book itself.  Hope no one thinks I was suggesting that the ICA was just aping Wheatley.  That certainly was not my intent.  It is strange and wondrous that when truth emerges it shows up in many places and many forms and is used in different ways by different assortments of people.  As I stated in the email and have said often in other places, where this wisdom first appeared for me was in Hawken's Blessed Unrest.  But it wasn't until Walk Out Walk On, or actually in a paper by Wheatley and Frieze that preceded the book, that I was able to articulate for myself more clearly the value of and how to use Hawken's, and Senge's, insights.

Randy

"The sustainability revolution is nothing less than a rethinking and remaking of our role in the natural world."
                                                                                                                                              -David Orr