[Dialogue] Question

Doris Hahn dshahn31 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:21:29 PST 2013

After I read the little dialogue in which Randy and Jack suggested that Meg
Wheatley's book would address the issue, I did a really uncharacteristic
thing (at about 9:30 p.m.). I immediately went to Amazon and ordered the
book. Now that I have read (and appreciate) it, I want to remember what the
issue was to which the book was the answer. Can you refresh my memory--only
on this one issue--I won't ask you to do a sweeping job on my memory[?].

I do think Meg Wheatley does a good job, and I certainly believe her
answers may be helpful, though I think the spirit work we did is far more
sweeping and with more depth. What she has that we didn't is today's world
with current issues. Actually, I never did like the "warrior" image,
because it is so masculine. However, it now carries a lot of other baggage
for me, including the personal (hate, anger, etc) along with the outward
destructiveness of war. Maybe this is good archive work if we haven't
already done it. In any case, it is a current conversation worth having. Of
course, we used war images all the time, but surely there are other current
ones that could be motivating.

What would we drag out of our corporate memory or current innovation that
could lead the way in today's world?

Doris Hahn