[Dialogue] Ruth Carter

jlepps at pc.jaring.my jlepps at pc.jaring.my
Sun Aug 4 19:56:56 PDT 2013

The Community of Saints to which we are privileged to belong has
mythic proportions, and Ruth was an exemplar even to us who never
knew her personally. Her endorsement of the book of Joe's talks
(Bending History Vol 1) shows a sensitivity to the depths that kept her going:

         "Joe could see into people. They felt he really knew them.
He told me he had a dream to spread the Fifth City ideal of community
throughout the whole world. That motivated me to carry on. Joe was a
powerful symbol. I called him the Dean of the Iron Men." -- Ruth Carter, 2005

John Epps