[Dialogue] Finally I made a decision about $8, 500 donated to ICA-USA

Marge Philbrook msphilbrook at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:24:05 PDT 2013

Can you imagine that an anonymous donor sent ICA-USA a contribution of
$8,500 and designated Marge Philbrook to apply this $8,500 contribution to
the wonderful ongoing programs of the Institute as a way of celebrating her
85th birthday.

I never found out who this anonymous person is.  I have been so
flabbergasted by this responsibility that it has taken me quite a long time
to decide how best to the make that decision.  Several people have advised
me but I kept feeling the weight of making that decision by myself.

 So – here is my decision!

$4,000 will be divided equally between four programs: *Learning Basket,
Service Learning, Accelerate 77, and International Initiatives*.  Staff
will decide how the money will be applied.

$4,500 will be assigned to the *Global Archives Project*, where I have
spent several years as a volunteer.  The Archives Advisory Team will
designate funds for the expense of the upcoming *Fall Sojourn (September
9-21)* as well as to software, supplies, and equipment.

I have spent a lot of time wondering “who is this anonymous donor?”  I hope
that person somehow knows how much his/her gift is appreciated and sees
this acknowledgement as lots of giant Thank You’s from ICA-USA.  Grace and
Peace, Marge Philbrook