[Dialogue] Free Speech

KarenBueno at aol.com KarenBueno at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 08:31:48 PDT 2012

Yes, John Epps, freedom presupposes responsibility for most of  us, but the
irresponsible do not necessarily agree to what their responsibility
includes.  Free to yell "fire" in a crowded theater, when there is no  fire?  The
question to me is how to extend free speech to those who do not  recognize
that as a human right.  Violence is not that which is NOT  punished.  Speech
itself, in our understanding, is what is NOT  punished.

Karen Bueno

In a message dated 9/18/2012 5:07:23 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,