[Dialogue] Carol Pierce's death

Mary D'Souza marykdsouza at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:41:50 PDT 2012

Over the last week I have been reflecting on the lives of Margynell
Knutson, Ellery Ellizondo and Carol Pierce.

They represent the hundreds of other women in the order. .

I first met Margynell at the ITI in Mumbai where she was on the faculty of
the program in 1972.

Carol Pierce met me at the airport in Hong Kong on my way to Chicago for
the first time in 1972.

Ellery was always available for consultation and support while I brought up
our son in Chicago.

Their lives and their decisions were important for my life.

The choices and the solidity of their decisions made it possible for me to
have the courage to move out from the ordinary.

The extra ordinary opened up for me.

Metaphorically, one could say, I have learned to walk on water.

Thank you one and all.
Mary

Thank you one and all.