[Dialogue] Summary Report: St. Louis ICA 50th Anniversary Event: Awaken the Dreamer

Nancy Lanphear nancy at songaia.com
Wed May 23 13:33:49 PDT 2012

Dear Ellie,

Thanks for the report of the 50th celebration.  I have participated in
Awakening the Dreamer a couple of times.  The first time was an 8 hour
version - it was the first in the Seattle area several years ago when Fred
was still on his feet.

Thanks you also for your new song.  I will try it on the piano in the next
couple of days.  Today is my day with a 3 year old neighbor, Ayden whose
mother is cooking our dinner in the common house.  Then at 5:30 (to give
his mom  a break), a 7 year old neighbor, Alex will join us until
dinnertime at 6:15, also in the common house.  Oh, I have a meeting at 2
pm.  You really do not need to know all of this information - I was just
thinking it might sound strange to know that I will not be trying your song
for a couple of days.

This summer our sacred sister circle will be gathering for our 20 year
celebration.  We have met consistently for all of the 20 years.  This year
as we are finding new patterns for our time together, we are having a woman
facilitate  a session or two on aging/eldering, ....  this will follow our
Wall of Wonder facilitated by Molly Shaw.  Although we have been singing
together for some time,  (it seemed to take a few years at first for some
of us to let go of our Order patterns) last year Leah and I created a song
book.  It includes Order songs, Songs for the Great Turning, hymns and now
your song.  I think you would enjoy the Songs for the Great Turning.  The
link is   http://songsforthegreatturning.net/

Thank you for all of your entries here on the listserve.  They are always
so very thoughtful and sweet.

Be well,

Nancy