[Dialogue] The Grand Design

PSchrijnen at aol.com PSchrijnen at aol.com
Mon May 21 22:11:41 PDT 2012

Indeed John,

You say that well. I think that was the point of the debate: To point out
that these two academics operate in two parallel universes. Dawkins was
surprisingly open and charming. he is usually more righteous. In this  debate
he behaved. The surroundings of the Sheldonian may have helped.

Williams is retiring at the end of the year to become the master of a
Cambridge college. He is a fine theologian, and has played a positive role as
archbishop in civil life here. I am sure he will be glad to get out of that
job though. I have enjoyed his book Silence and Honey Cakes frequently. A
fine  little book about the wisdom of the desert monastics.

Paul