[Dialogue] Responding to Bonhoeffer's Challenge

Janet Sanders jsanders at bconnex.net
Thu May 10 10:37:20 PDT 2012

Dear Steve,

I just listened to Sarah Kay's talk which had a huge 'yes' to life woven in
the midst of sharp arrows.  Thank you Steve and please thank Carmen. Jan

These question about leadership are part of the ICAI conference theme thread
on 'growing a new sense of leadership'.  In mid-June we'll have more of a
formal way of collecting insights, papers, expressions of the new leadership
style.  I'll gather emails and recommendations from this dialogue and invite
formal participation soon.

I've attached a short introduction to the theme's intent--

Growing a New Sense of Leadership

Statement of Intent: To strengthen the emerging new understanding of
leadership and ways to mainstream the associated core competencies.

The old form of leader as expert is proving unsustainable, the fast pace of
change and the speed at which new knowledge is being generated and accessed
makes it difficult for any one individual to be effective. More important,
current generations are demanding their voices be heard and incorporated in
the decisions that directly affect their lives. This includes exploring the
innovative and practical ways of inspiring local leadership emergence.