[Dialogue] Quote from Bonhoeffer

Terry Bergdall bergdall2 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:41:05 PDT 2012

 "To talk of going down fighting like heroes in the face of certain defeat
is not really heroic at all, but merely a refusal to face the future. The
ultimate question for a responsible man to ask is not how he is to
extricate himself heroically from the affair, but how the coming generation
is to live."

I believe this is from "After Ten Years" in Letters and Papers from Prison.
Terry