[Dialogue] Guernica & Conversation Roots & Shoots

jlepps at pc.jaring.my jlepps at pc.jaring.my
Thu May 3 09:26:31 PDT 2012

Thanks, Randy:

Yes, I've also seen so-called ORID conversations
led in such a way that was stifling, mechanical,
insensitive, offensive, and generally
ineffective.  A lot depends on the facilitator
who as Larry says, needs to be a good listener
and adapt the prepared questions to the group and
to the responses that come. Loosening up is a
good image. Fortunately ORID can be used loosely! :-)

Now about teaching: I don't think that aptly
describes the function of ORID, though it can
certainly be used as a teaching tool. We
certainly were not "teaching" with Guernica,
unless you mean something different by "teaching." Say more about that, please.

John