[Dialogue] Cloud-Based Tools & Procedures from Stanford University Venture Class

steve har stevehar11201 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 06:19:15 PDT 2012

David, Judith & Doug

Here are some interesting ideas from the Stanford University Venture Course
that suggest some interesting cloud-based procedures for
-The Archives Team
-The ICA-A77 Intern Teams and onsite coaches
-The Nepal Conference Basecamp Teams

What's a Project Tema

The project team is 22 self chosen members, 1 Team Leader, 1 Sponsor, 1
Coach-Mentor

Startup

  is leaving the "not in the game" space and
-the  text-thread blizzard of ideas into 9 focus areas with 2 and 3 person
task teams to develop focus.

The main cloud-based tools so far are:
-a webpage of names, bios, locations, emails & phone numbers
-a product development template in 9 arenas
-an unmanageable text-thread of some 60+ emails including introductions and
product ideas
-cloud-based sticky walls at https://trello.com/
-weekly live conference calls
-there will be shared wikis to compile notes

I'm finding the Trello workspace pretty elegant and easy, still learning

Summarizing my Task Segment

   - -2 people with direction from the Team Leader
   - -we're replacing a text-thread blizzard of about 60 emails by
   organizing data into 9 product development arenas
   - - the team leader is  assigning team members to 9 arenas like this one
   attached which identifies the voice of the customer; a guy in Estonia and I
   are developing customer focus, planning customer and customer segment
   interviews to listen to the voice of the customer
   - -we are going to play a "game of the week" where there is a front and
   back end skype or google+hangouts video conference working with the Trello
   boards
   - -our 1st skype meeting

You can see the start-up Trello Boards at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N8F8jOsBAON6yEdeBFmmo5gpP86AKGxi5BP_imH1zlo/edit

The 1st is the Customer Value Proposition
The 2nd is the Start-up Board on Marketing that my Estonian partner and I
are going to begin working this morning.

--
Steve Harrington