[Dialogue] Mowanjum Pictures Anyone?

Dharmalingam Vinasithamby dvinasithamby at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 22:33:33 PDT 2012

Yes,

I do remember George and Silas at the ITI, and that digeridoo that they played during the daily office! That ITI knocked everybody's socks off!

regards,
Dharma

>________________________________

link remind me of the bark painting George Winnigudj sent to Joe and me
following the July - August 1969 Singapore ITI.  As you probably recall,
George and his colleague Silas Roberts were two aboriginal "pioneers" who joined
118 other people from across Seapac and South Asia for that first 6-week
training program.

>George's gift to us arrived in Singapore in September 1969 in the
midst of typhoon season. The local post office was flooded, and closed
for days.  When we received the very waterlogged package and opened it, the
bark was a bit buckled, but the images of crocodiles and turtles as clear
as can be.  We still treasure that gift and the gesture of friendship
across cultures it represents for us.

>Such fond memories of those days working with you in KL and
Singapore....

>Grace and peace,
>
>Marilyn
>
>On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:39:36 -0700 (PDT) Dharmalingam Vinasithamby <dvinasithamby at yahoo.com>