[Dialogue] Mowanjum Pictures Anyone?

marilyncrocker at juno.com marilyncrocker at juno.com
Tue Jun 12 15:10:55 PDT 2012

Thanks, Dharma.  Many of the stunning art pieces in your link remind me
of the bark painting George Winnigudj sent to Joe and me following the
July - August 1969 Singapore ITI.  As you probably recall, George and his
colleague Silas Roberts were two aboriginal "pioneers" who joined 118
other people from across Seapac and South Asia for that first 6-week
training program.

George's gift to us arrived in Singapore in September 1969 in the midst
of typhoon season. The local post office was flooded, and closed for
days.  When we received the very waterlogged package and opened it, the
bark was a bit buckled, but the images of crocodiles and turtles as clear
as can be.  We still treasure that gift and the gesture of friendship
across cultures it represents for us.

Such fond memories of those days working with you in KL and Singapore....

Grace and peace,

Marilyn

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:39:36 -0700 (PDT) Dharmalingam Vinasithamby