[Dialogue] Sheldon Hill

Jim Baumbach wtw0bl at new.rr.com
Tue Jun 12 17:39:09 PDT 2012

In remembrance of Shel as the last of the wonderful group of North Shore
Cadre men, I have deepest respect for all who shared in those long
Friday nights as we worked on the upcoming course called Living
Effectively in the New Society (LENS).  Sheldon Hill, David Wood, Rodney
Wilson, George McBurney, Len Dresler, Don Moffett joined by order
colleagues including JWM and Permeators including Gary Tomlinson,
myself, and occasionally Ken Hamje and Christina Welty and some others
who also came.  Those nights when we worked together either as a whole
group or in teams, we told stories from our respective jobs which were
both fully serious and fully humorous.  Sharing our lives and
experiences in an atmosphere of missionality devoted to helping others
perhaps struggling as we did was part of the great memories of those
nights.  Then when we called it a night, there was that celebrative time
where we sat and imbibed and joked and simply enjoyed the comradery of
those who engaged in the world of business.

I will be forever grateful for being allowed to share those, all too
brief moments, where so much of the future, in which we envisioned
playing a significant role, still lay before us.

Thank you guys of the North Shore Cadre for your contribution to the
great spirit movement and our understanding of world around us.

And my prayers for those who are left behind.

Jim Baumbach