[Dialogue] the President

Sunny Walker sunwalker at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 10:09:13 PDT 2012

Well, my FBI file grows. I've written another president - not one I ever
expected to. I followed Steve Harrington's link to the cartoon discussion
and randomly (you've noticed, it's how my brain works, sighhhh.) a nearby
link. There I found this comment. So I simply asked the President to heed
the words as they will make a difference in the election:

We hear much about civility in public life, and many colleges now insert
civility discussions into the curriculum.  More and more, President Obama's
speeches are worth studying as examples of incivility, of precisely what a
president should not do this far out from the election.  Cheap and puerile,
they offer the guilty pleasures of raillery, a moment's chuckle and a
lengthening contempt for people of different views.  Such rhetoric coming
out of the president's mouth poisons civic life, for every time he throws a
cynical and insulting characterization to the audience, he licenses the
blowhard talking head, the obnoxious columnist, and hordes of lesser
incumbent politicians in their own campaigns to do the same.

Your thoughts?

Sunny

Sunny Walker

SunWalker Enterprises

303-587-3017 (cell)

303-671-0704 (home/office)

sunwalker at comcast.net

Aurora, CO

No mattter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back. ~ Turkish
Proverb