[Dialogue] A Conversation with Advent

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 08:03:36 PST 2012

Thanks for sharing this, Janice--appreciate your poem/reflection--will use it this third Sunday of Advent (Joy Sunday) during our adult forum class at our new church home Second Presbyterian Church where we are studying Borg/Crossan's The First Christmas.  The last chapter talks about joy.  Last Sunday I introduced the social process triangles--4 diagrams:  the spt diagram (balanced); the spt diagram (unbalanced); the domination system (Empire--Rome or contemporary) social process:  economic exploitation, political oppression and religious legitimation; and Reign of G-O-D social process sytem.  This week we will introduce a variation of the triangles based on David Korten's book The Great Turning.

Advent, Christmas and New Year's blessings!
Ellie