[Dialogue] ARCHIVES Sojourn possibilities

Marge Philbrook msphilbrook at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:06:22 PDT 2012

Just 10 minutes ago I attempted to create this email. and accidently sent
it.  Please eliminate the earlier and just look at this one.  I said
before:

To those of you who have signed up to come here during the Archives Sojourn
weeks, and to those of  you who are considering coming, I have created a
list of tasks which we are considering working on during the Sojourn:

TASKS FOR EVERY INTEREST and PREFERENCES --

This is a very limited list of possibilities and we are asking for
additional ideas.
    *listening to and documenting content of many many cassettes
    *listening to and documenting content of open reel tapes (Mike May is
working on this project)
    *recording contents of last row of files in the basement
    *documenting contents of accessions sent by different families
    *documenting information in files from Academies, ITIs, and Human
Development Training Schools
    *sorting the US national Town Meeting files and the International
Global Community Forum files

    *Or  Let us know other areas where your passion lies.

We are creating a time design that honors your other interests during your
visit to Chicago.

What fun it will be to catch up on what we are all doing now. These
storires may help to create the role that the Archives can play in shaping
the future of the world.

Let us know your ideas and when you can join us .

Jean Long, for the Archives Advisory Committee