[Oe List ...] Passing of Winkie Chesley

Judi White judiwhite070 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 05:36:29 PDT 2024

Ijust yesterday, I became aware of the passing of Winkie Chesley, Guardian
of the ICA from Area New York, from Wilton  CT. She passed on February 28th
in her assisted living home in Fairfield, CT.  Her son, Bill, said this was
unexpected. The last time we talked, around Valentine's Day, she said all
she wanted to do was sleep. Each time I called after that, the phone rang
with no answer. Winkie was host to many colleagues on their fundraising and
event recruiting treks. She supported the New York House with her  breath
of fresh air presence bringing her famous seven bean soup, or suits for
permeators, or  pitching in on set up and serving, and so much more. She
holds a seat of honor on my meditative  council as guide tgrough a dark
night into the light of self-confidence to begin a new path. She introduced
me to the labyrinth as a sacred ritual, and as an essential element in
church and community  renewal. Gee, she loved us all so much, i am sure her
compassion  lives on in the hearts of those who continue on this unshakable
journey.   Grieve Peacefully, Judi