[Oe List ...] NEW INFORMATION! ATTENTION/SAVE THE DATE: March 21, 2024 Environmental Film: REBELLION

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Fri Mar 15 07:47:15 PDT 2024

 Dear Friends,Some new information!  We are glad to announce that following the viewing of David Suzuki's film REBELLION (44 minutes) and a briefer conversation, Linda Hamilton of Redlands, CA, will be sharing information about her local work in addressing issues of climate change and community building.  This will be helpful in grounding the film and catalyzing our thinking about "what to do" in response to facing environmental issues.  Below are links to two websites about her work.
Ellie Stockelliestock at aol.com
   -
Redlands is on its way to becoming climate resilient
www.redlandscommunitynews.com/news/redlands-is...
Led by Linda Hamilton, a Redlands resident since 1979, Accelerate Neighborhood Climate Action is focused on local awareness, education, and action toward creating a more livable future. The ANCA (Ahn-ka) formed in March. It offers a variety of climate action initiatives and a growing list of programs.

   -
Working with our neighbors to help combat ... - Redlands News

      |     |  |

      |     |
Working with our neighbors to help combat climate change in Redlands

Linda Hamilton is founder of Accelerate Neighborhood Climate Action in Redlands. To volunteer or for more information about how your neighborhood can be involved, contact ANCA at ancainlandempire at gmail.com.

I am a mother, a grandmother and a great-grandmother. In 2018, I woke up to how fast climate change is accelerat...

www.redlandscommunitynews.com/opinion/commentary/...
Jul 7, 2022 Updated Jul 7, 2022. Linda Hamilton is founder of Accelerate Neighborhood Climate Action in Redlands. To volunteer or for more information about how your neighborhood can be involved, contact ANCA at ancainlandempire at gmail.com. I am a mother, a grandmother and a great-grandmother.

  MARCH ENVIRONMENTAL FILM:  REBELLION

YOU ARE INVITED!

The March film in the 2024 Environmental Film Series hosted by The Ferguson Eco Team will be David Suzuki's The Nature of Things:  REBELLION and will be shown, Thursday, March 21, 7:00 PM Central Time.

A unique documentary featuring a one-on-one conversation between David Suzuki and Sir David Attenborough that takes the pulse of our planet and asks whether humans can change their ways in time.

REBELLION is a crash-course in every social issue that has frustrated and inspired a new generation of activists.  There’s a sense that this was a straightforward assignment going in – 2019 was the year of Greta after all. And much of the film is wrapped around climate change, with focus on Thunberg, nature filmmaker Sir David Attenborough (who has changed his message from awe over the beauty of nature to alarm at its state of peril), and Gail Bradbrook of the Extinction Rebellion movement that has made headlines with dramatic protests around the globe.  But 2020 clearly threw a spanner in the works. All of a sudden, a clear theme was muddled by a pandemic and concurrent global racial unrest following the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police. Rebellion works to connect the environment and racial injustice into a single issue.

Conversation to follow the film.
TO REGISTER FOR ZOOM LINK:  https://bit.ly/FETMar2024
              or use QR code below.

Attached is a flyer for the film.