[Oe List ...] 20857.pdf. John Webster's 97th birthday

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Sat Mar 9 04:26:15 PST 2024

https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/20857.pdf

A message from Dr. John Webster, retired Purdue professor of journalism,  celebrating his 97th birthday at his Episcopal Church in Arkansas brought back memories of encounter with this caring gentleman in my Archives calling, but also through Chicago connections through the years.  Noted as one of the scholarly types, I requested that he share his memories with the Archives publications group.  It is a long but most interesting read.  In my brief reading this morning, I noted names that I’m not sure are on this OE list, so I’ve added them to the list.

Of special interest was the name of Campus Minister Rev. Bob Ouradnik, whom we met through the Stovers in Greensboro, NC, about 15 years ago.  He wrote a most interesting book something like How to Be Spiritual Without Being Religious.  It is also listed in the publications.

(A number of authors have consented to have their books  or memories available on-line.  Take a look or contact Karen Snyder if you would like to be one of those.).

Take a moment and send a message to John celebrating this milestone in his life.
His e-mail is johnwebster6695 at att.net<mailto:johnwebster6695 at att.net>.

With care and celebration of these memories of our history, shared through John Webster.

John Cock and I have just returned from a very special trip to visit our son Jeremiah and family in Spain.  Lots of catching up to do, but wanted to share this message on John Websters special day.

With care for our rich circle of colleagues,

Lynda Cock
336-404-0770