[Oe List ...] Our Future

Dharmalingam Vinasithamby dvinasithamby at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 21 17:40:10 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

My comments were a reaction to George Conway’s attack onTrump. It reflects the disdain of some Americans who reject Trump and his bad behaviourbut accept leaders with better personalities but more bankrupt morals. To an outsideobserver, what matters is the impact that US presidents make on my country andthe world generally. When I compare Bush, Trump and Biden, I see one president desperatelylooking for an excuse to invade Iraq when people were shell shocked by the twintower attack apparently engineered by Osama and his Saudi Arabian gang. WithTrump, I expected a similarly trigger-happy leader. I was surprised when he threwout the Pentagon’s recommendation that he bomb Iran. With Biden, I am aghast athow he and his associates let Israel lead them by the nose (with politicalfunding as sweeteners). When the US is in danger of being ousted by China, why allowdistractions like Israel and Ukraine to take precedence? Are they loyal toAmericans or to weapons manufacturers? Why doesn’t that create a greaterdisgust than Trump’s erratic behaviour?