[Oe List ...] Jim Bishop

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Sat Jan 20 13:56:17 PST 2024

Thank you, John Webster, for this special memory with Jim Bishop.  Oh, the jouneys we’ve had  and the places we’ve been.  I’m grateful for the very practical wisdom of our Australian clergy who learned early on to take care of the practical aspects of life as well as the theological.

Hope you are doing well in these cold days.  So grateful for your writings in the Archives about early days with the cadre.   In my notes, I see that you are another of our nonagenarians., along with Jim Bishop.    John Cock (so many John’s)  and I watched an amazing You Tube interview last night with a 102 yr old (Dr. Gladys McGarey) about her recently published book. -Six Secrets to a Healthy and Happy Life at Any Age.  She is the daughter of Presbyterian missionaries in the Himalayas, who grew who in that part of India.  Her stories reflect the wisdom of both cultures.

With Isobel and family, we celebrate the life of Jim Bishop and the many lives he touched through his work all around the globe and especially his and Isobel’s dedication to the renewal of the local church for the sake of the world.   Glad our paths crossed in Chicago when we first arrived and later again in Australia when we were assigned there.  So grateful for the detailed memories of Jonathan and Janeen Barker about the long and productive life of Jim Bishop.

Grace and peace and gratitude,

Lynda and John Cock